Have you ever give e-tools for children to practice their reading skill? Maybe some people did and other didn't. Well, it's better for you to use technology because it's 2016!!! There are many explanation why it so. These are benefits of using technology, most of the website provided are free, easy, and fun! Not only website, but there are some applications too. But for the applications, some of them might be not free. My suggestion is choose the free one, because why we need to buy if there are lots of free apps!!
But in this case, I just give the list of the website you can use for practicing reading skill. I got the information from elearningindustry.com. I have my nieces by my side when I open that website, so I ask my niece to try 'em out! Turn out she feels so happy, even though she don't understand the language literally (our first language is Bahasa). Here are the best website according to me :
1. Children's Storybook Online
This is a website that provide many story books. You may prefer this one because it's free, rather than buying on book store which is not-so-affordable haha! I suggest this books for your junior student's / kid / niece (just like me) because if you use the printed one, the chance of having broken paper is 70%. Little kid likes to torn the paper into pieces!
In this website, there also the categories of the stories for children, teens, and young adults.
(http://www.magickeys.com/books/?utm_campaign=elearningindustry.com&utm_source=%2Ftop-10-free-tools-for-teaching-reading-and-writing&utm_medium=link)
2. Poetry Idea Engine
Make sure to have adobe flash player before playing with this website because it is needed. Children may not really interested in poetry because the words are quite hard to understand. But in this website, the children may find it interesting because there's animation in it. The children will be guided to make their poetry in this website, so they probably feel happy! There will be some explanation about the types of poetry which is good, and also some animations that make this website more fun to play!
(http://teacher.scholastic.com/writewit/poetry/poetry_engine.htm?utm_campaign=elearningindustry.com&utm_source=%2Ftop-10-free-tools-for-teaching-reading-and-writing&utm_medium=link#)
3. Free Rice
This is the most generous website I ever visited in my entire life! Why so? Because every question we had answered (the correct one), we'll collect 10 grains of rice and later it'll donate to United Nation World Food Program. Explain to your students/children about it, and it can make them more excited when they know that they can be a philanthropist too by answering the questions!
(http://freerice.com/?utm_campaign=elearningindustry.com&utm_source=%2Ftop-10-free-tools-for-teaching-reading-and-writing&utm_medium=link#/english-vocabulary/1532)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar